You have spent a lot of time creating a great website. You hope for traffic, but we all look to achieve viral traffic if we are honest. All the optimisation and content is ready to accept new readers and if those visitors come in their droves, you have a great chance to kickstart your new online business. Whatever you may think, viral traffic is not always easy to get, but if you’re consistent and stay focused on your goal, you never know what could happen.
What Are The 8 Ways To Attract Viral Traffic?
Below are the 8 tips that can help you to create a surge of traffic to your website. Some or all may be enough, but be sure to adopt these regularly to stand any chance of getting success from your traffic attraction efforts.
- Create Quality Content Consistently. Write and publish your content as often as possible, but always strive for the best quality! If you consistently publish quality content on your blog, the opportunities you create for organic traffic to come your way will be dramtically increased.
- Be Sure to Use Social to Your Advantage. Build a strong presence on social media networks like LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest etc. Although Google Plus has now gone, you can still list your business on Google my Business. This will help build your presence on Google. Consistent activity on the other social media platforms will help to get your name and website address out on the internet. Put in the effort and you will get traffic from it.
- Exploit all metrics. Use free tools like Google Analytics to track visitors to your blog. When you’re able to see where your visitors come from and what keywords they searched for allows you to fine-tune your content.
- Be Sure That Your Site is SEO friendly. The way to make your website SEO friendly is to create a basic format for all of your pages and posts. Optimising your pages for the keywords you’re targeting is vital for your site to be found on the search engines. More importantly, your content needs to be written for human consumption, even though you have to optimise properly. Having said that, as you write more content, you will automatically incorporate the relevant and appropriate information in the content of the post in a SEO friendly way.
- Interlink your pages. Many of the new visitors to your site will be blind to your navigation in the beginning. You may find the only way to encourage them to explore your site further is to include what we call hyperlinks to related posts directly within your content.
- Don’t forget email marketing. If you have an email list you can send out a mail to tell your subscribers of your new post. If you don’t have a list yet, I advise that you start. An email list is an investment you can’i afford to be without. Not just because you are able to promote your products, but you can increase your blog traffic by sending out emails. It also helps to build more trust in your business because of the value you offer.
- Include guest articles. Expert opinion is trustworthy and also builds trust in your business brand too. Connect with influencers in your niche and ask if they would be interested in contributing to your blog. If they share that content to their own lists, you will have a strong influx of new traffic.
- Offer some freebies. Website visitors like to get freebies, so don’t be afraid to offer some to your new readers. The offer of something free will give you an advantage, not just because of the value of the free product, but the opportunity to grow an email list that we discussed in item 6.
As you can see from the above list, none of these things are really difficult, but quality content will come from practice and consistent work on your part. Keep providing great content, valuable free offers to entice new subscribers to your list and that viral traffic could be on its way to you sooner than you think!